What could be better than homemade Tiramisu for Valentine’s Day (or any other day)? Tiramisu is a dessert that always leaves a good impression and is not that difficult to make.
- 6 Egg yolks
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Pound of Mascarpone cheese
- 1 ½ Cups of strong espresso, allowed to cool and separated
- 2 Teaspoons of dark rum
- 24 Package ladyfinger cookies
- Chocolate for Garnish
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer with a whisk attachment beat the egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale. ( About 5 minutes). Add mascarpone cheese and continue beating until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of espresso and continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining espresso and rum. Pour into a small shallow dish. Dip each ladyfinger individually into the mixture and allow to rest for 5 seconds only.*
- Place ladyfingers on the bottom of a 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Cover the entire bottom breaking ladyfingers as needed to cover the bottom of the baking dish completely.
- Spread ½ of the mascarpone mixture evenly over the ladyfingers in the baking dish. Add another layer of ladyfingers and then top with the remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place in a refrigerator for 2 hours but no more than 8 hours.
- Before serving, divide among individual serving bowls and garnish with chocolate shavings.
*If you allow the ladyfingers to soak longer than 5 seconds, they may become mushy and start to fall apart.
Recipe from FoodNetwork.com